Monday 11 June 2012

Freebies this week

I think i got my best bargains this week today. Walking past a shop in our local town there was a variety of shop decorations marked free to take with a smiley face. I chose a perspex box filled with shiny packing - great for a present wrapping - a very large hanging gold heart - great for a party - and a large roll of red and black animal print shiny cardboard - what on earth will I do with that! Called at my friends shop and she offered to drop them at my home for me tomorrow as I was walking. Will post photo as soon as they arrive and i am open to suggestions for using the heart and the cardboard!

What seemed like a long walk - I guess 2 miles - seems not so long now I am used to it. Once or twice a week i walk into town and i walk back taking a different route. Great for exercise and fresh air and it is surprising how much more you see of your area when you are walking. Today I took photos of two beautiful old bridges reminders of when our suburb was a couple of hamlets in a rural farming area. These will feature in a new post. How can an areas heritage be lost so quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment