Saturday 9 June 2012

Learning to blog First Steps

Wow, a big title for a new blog! Actually I am developing my ideas for life on a budget - hard but at times fun when "needs must" and I learn a new skill because I have to, or dredge up a long forgotten skill like sewing.
Today a new skill - learning to blog!
I have come back to update as i am now just over a week into blogging. I have changed the title of my blog to one that expresses who i am more and the direction and ethos of my blog and life. i love the shabby chic look and have to stick to a budget. over the past year i have been changing the look of my home to shabby chic and selling what i can that i am ready to let go. a really pretty shabby chic look can be achieved on a budget with time and a new way of looking at items and the world.
i have taken some photos in my back garden and uploaded them. i am really pleased with the geraniums picture in the header. i really feel at home when i see it. i have realized photos are a must on a blog yet it is so easy when you look around your home to find lovely things to photograph - a pet. a flower anything - color shape texture all mean so much.
i have also realized how personal a blog is as ideas for blogs pop into the mind all the time. if i was to start again i might plan out my first ten blogs. the way i have done it is a bit haphazard.
i started by going on blogger.com and just following their simple instructions. i think it is possible to start a blog by writing your own web code rather than using a host like blogger.com but i do not have the knowledge for that. i have spent quite a while going through all the different menus and buttons but still have lots to learn.
it is really easy to go back to a blog if you are not happy with it to edit and update and i think that would be my best hint to a new blogger like myself. keep an eye on the stats section and add and adapt according to the number of views a page has. change a title or add photos.
and do not underestimate the time it takes - and that it is so addictive !

No comments:

Post a Comment